In this week’s McKinleyville Press:
• District Refused to Clean Up Dock Debris – Chunks of dock are washing up on local beaches, but don’t expect the Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District to do anything about it.
• Suspect Captured – A McKinleyville man who allegedly abused and tortured a toddler was arrested.
• Settlement Strikes Measure T – A measure that was intended to limit outside corporate donations to local campaigns is now null and void.
• Finding Replacement Manager to Cost $25K – The MCSD will hire a head hunter to find a replacement for Manager Tom Marking.
• Harbor Board Divided Over Bay’s Future – Another predictable 3-2 vote.
• Budget: Bad News for Road Repairs, The Sick, The Elderly – Budget cuts are coming.
• Proposed Residence May Impact Airport – Should residences be built at the Airport Business Park.
• Higgins: Setting the Record Straight – Pat Higgins responds to Tom Marking.
• Mt. Lions Play Role in Ecology – A letter to the editor about mountain lions.
• Get Inspired at McK Art Night – A full schedule of Friday’s activities.
• Parts Store Relocates to Mack Town – Napa Auto Parts opens at McKinleyville Shopping Center.
• Spenceley’s Voyage During the Invasion of Normandy – Read Geoff Spenceley’s WWII diary.
• Good News in McKinleyville – Happy news from Eleanor Sullivan.
See this week’s issue for even more news…