I hate to clog the blog with a boring meeting agenda, but since it’s not on the MCSD website this is the only way people can access the agenda online.
Besides, the agenda isn’t as boring as you may think. If you read it carefully, it tells a story about what’s happening – or not happening – at the MCSD’s bunker on Sutter Road.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT A REGULAR MEETING OF THE MCKINLEYVILLE COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS WILL BE HELD AT 6 P.M. WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19, 2008, AT AZALEA HALL, 1620 PICKETT ROAD, MCKINLEYVILLE
A. 1 A CLOSED SESSION IS SCHEDULED FOR 6 P.M. TO BE FOLLOWED BY THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING AT 7 P.M.
A closed session is scheduled as per government code section 54957 for contract negotiation with the General Manager
A. CALL TO ORDER, FLAG SALUTE AND ROLL CALL
B. PUBLIC HEARINGS: These are items of a quasi-judicial or legislative nature. Public comments relevant to these proceedings are invited.
C. ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Matters under the jurisdiction of the board may be addressed by the public at this time. Comments are limited to three minutes. Letters should be used for complex issues. Since the matter is not on the public agenda, board actions are limited.
D. CONSENT CALENDAR: These matters are routine in nature and are usually approved by a single vote. Directors may pull any particular item for further discussion.
RECOMMENDATION: Approve Consent Calendar by Voice Vote
1. Accept Minutes of the Feb. 20 Regular Meeting
2. Accept Minutes of the Feb. 20 Special Meeting
3. Accept Minutes of the March 4 Special Meeting
4. Accept Cash Disbursement Detail Report Only
5. Approve service disconnections for DCV violations
E. CONTINUED AND NEW BUSINESS
1. Review Capital Costs Study for Fluoride at a Regional Level and MCSD’s response to HBMWD.
2. Review and Approve Sports Teams 2008 Contract at HSS
3. Approve Large Scale Community Events Permit for the Little League Opening Ceremony
4. Approve Resolution 2008-04 to Appoint a District Treasurer and Execute Signature Cards
5. Discussion of the 2007 Wastewater Management Facility Annual Report to the RWQCB
6. Consider Approval of General Manager’s Contract
F. REPORTS: No specific action is required on these items, but the board my discuss any particular item as required.
1. STAFF REPORTS
a. Support Services Department – none
b. Operations Department – Greg Orsini
c. Parks and Recreation Department – Jason Sehon
d. General Manager – Tom Marking
2. COMMITTEE REPORTS
a. Recreation Advisory Committee – Jeff Dunk
b. Redwood Region Economic Development Commission – Javan Reid
c. McKinleyville Senior Center – Bill Wennerholm
3. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
4. ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM DIRECTORS ON TOPICS OF INTERESTS